Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A Pizza for All Seasons

Sometimes too much pizza is just too much (yeah, that's a lie, I would never say that).

But, I would agree to the suggestion to at least change it up every once in a while. Which is why this post will focus on a ground-breaking pizza discovery that I have recently made.

Pizza cookies.

No I didn't find it on Pinterest (although, I'm sure there's something on there), I didn't read it on Buzzfeed, and I didn't call my mom and ask her to make me pizza cookies for my blog...like I would do that!

I simply said (as many great scientists have), "What if?". 

So, with a few guests coming over earlier this week, I rounded up the following ingredients and rolled the dice. Here's how it all shook out:

- Red Icing (holidays came in clutch on this one, that stuff's everywhere)
- Holiday M&M's (for "pepperoni" and "green pepper")
- Sugar cookies (pre-made...ain't nobody got time fo' that!)
- Annnnnnd shredded coconut for cheese (the wife hatched this idea, love you babe!)

And then assemble! All in all, it was very simple to get. Total cost was $17 at Meijer (noticing a trend? I love me some Meijer).

It took about 20 minutes to put together: spread icing, add "cheese", M&M's, and dunzo.





I served them up on plates and the company I had over ate them up! These suckers are RICH, and a serving size should probably only be 0.32 cookies. I had one and needed a nap afterwards. It all depends on what kind of sugar cookie you get. The ones I bought were plump to put it frankly. 

So, there you have it! Pizza...but not really. Changing it up is good, and seeing pizza in a new light is part the exploration of pizza possibilities. I hope you try this yourself and if you do, please feel free to add photos of your cookies! I'd love to see what you all cook up.

Happy Holidays everyone! 

1 comment: